Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hello Recession !

As all of you know the economy is pretty messed up, gas has gone down and food has gone up (double cheese burgers from 99 cent to a whole 1.19 lmfao; i don't even eat mc-e-deez like that) but of course, you get it. People lost their jobs, and there is where I fall into the category. My last day of work was friday, just really didn't think to much of it at first. When I Started saying goodbye to everyone that is when it started to hit me hard. I mean I've been with the company for three years. When we first heard I was thinking "Yeah it's time for a change, new and better opportunities, something new", sounds good of course. Then here I go thinking "Damn, I have to start all over, I have to find something that matches my pay, I need something that is flexible with school"... I was trippin... I realize there are people who have lost their jobs, have kids, a house note to pay, the list could go on. So I should be grateful that my situation is no where near there right? ok (takes breath) BUT DAMN ! here I go starting over on this road to unemployment, have to do interviews, sale myself. UGH! I mean I am a good worker, there should be no problem & I habla español (lmfao; seriously i do). There's just all this talk about people not being able to find jobs, and I ask "is it because they are being picky?" who knows? I mean I just want something that is in one way going to benefit me in the long run and also put some money in my pockets with good hours, also allowing me to get an education. Is that too much to ask for?

Now I don't want to go back to a mall job, but I might have to. As of now I plan on occupying my time with the gym [24], job search/applying, and of course working on my many projects with the record label I work for and of course keep doing promotion with my A07 fam. 2009 is right here and it sucks to have to start of jobless, but then again it might not be :) so I am kind of excited. I still live with my mom (it feels good to) and there are some things I need to step my game upon. I just have so many plans & New Years resolutions, I just hope to discipline myself and accomplish all of my goals this year. There is so much I plan to do, I have a good feeling...

Let's stay optimistic :)

5 comments:

The Motivated Mama said...

Lol I laughed out loud at the mickey d's price ups. But that shit is true you are fortunate in comparison to other peoples situation. I just hope that you can find something and that you stay motivated. It's not going to be easy but I still hope you find something soon!

dauché said...

[romney] thank you; i appreciate it. staying motivated is the key, i hope i can too.

[reggie] you a foo ! lol pic-n save lmfao its call BIGlots now...lol

JuJu said...

yup; true story. i lost my job dec 19th and will be starting the new year unemployed. and my case relates to what you stated - i got an expensive house note; kid to support and no income coming in right now. and nope - i havent been picky when looking for a new job.. been searching for 4 mos now and even was willing to take a huge paycut.. no bueno! times are hard!!

Kay ♥ said...

my bf is searchin for a new job, shit is nooot easy in manhattan. anyway i hope u find a new job giirl

dauché said...

thanks kay.


& JUJU ! its c-razy. all we can do is stay motivated & keep going... keep trying... be like the little engine that could... lmfao. but no seriously we will find something...

copy html code