Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Hey Joe" - Jimi Hendrix



"Hey joe, where you goin' with that gun of your hand
Hey joe, i said where you goin' with that gun in your hand, oh
I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
You know i caught her messin' 'round with another man
Yeah, i'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
You know i caught her messin' 'round with another man
Huh! and that ain't cool
Huh hey hoe, i heard you shot your mamma down.."


This song -- has been stuck in my head for some time, do I somehow find myself relating to the lyrics? No, however, it has found its way to capture a few listens from me per day. Although Hendrix did not write this himself (Billy Roberts), he made this song a classic. Every now and then I like to revisit musics past, if you have anything I should listen to, feel free to leave a comment or two, I'd love to listen. I am also open to all music :)

I'm sure there are some Joe's out there, some who will literally shoot and then there are those who verbally shoot. Not encouraging violence, however, you can never be too safe (gives warning), ladies have some class, respect, and the decency to end the relationship before you go snooping around, that goes for the gentlemen as well. Don't end up like Joe's woman.

0 comments:

copy html code