Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Soloist



I had the opportunity to relax after a pretty hectic/productive weekend and of course chose to do that with the company of a meal and a movie. The Soloist was on HBO and had already been running for about an hour, so from there I quickly went on demand and selected the film. I've been wanting to see The Soloist since the day I saw the preview in theaters for whichever movie (can't remember) it was that I saw.

This movie breaths inspiration, from the moment it began until the very end. First and foremost I usually love story-lines involving journalist, poets, artist, and so on, so this was right up my alley. I don't want to give too much away (although the movie is not new), but I will say this, you will laugh, get choked up, become upset/angry, smile, and be inspired. Jamie Foxx (Nathaniel Ayers; homeless musician) and Robert Downey Jr. (Steve Lopez; writer) delivered a great performance.

The film will make you think of your talent(s)/blessing(s), and you'll become more appreciative and thankful.

I recommend The Soloist and would like to leave you with a quote from the film:

(writing his newspaper article) "I can tell you that by witnessing Mr. Ayer's courage, his humility, his faith in the power of his art - I've learned the dignity of being loyal to something you believe in ... believing without question that it will carry you home!"
- Steve Lopez, The Soloist

0 comments:

copy html code