Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rest In Peace; LaKeisha Mason



This weekend LaKeisha Mason (left) was killed on her 21st birthday (May 24,2009). She and I had mutual friends and it is sad to see her go. Every time I saw her she was smiling and that is one thing that I will always remember her for. Down town San Diego was packed like no other (memorial day weekend as well as a host of events occurred) and as a fight broke out a man pulled a gun and fired hitting LaKeisha as well as two men. Unfortunately she did not make it :( but the other two are reported to be in stable condition. One of our mutual friends (on the right next to LaKeisha in the picture above) who was her best-friend, watched as she laid there lifeless. The shooter has not yet been identified.

My prayers go to her family, friends, and to all the communities that this is happening in. It is sad to see anyone, especially young people go. I don't understand this non-sense and never will. Please people be smart and hold your heads. Do not get caught up in thinking taking someone's life will do you a favor.

There will be a car wash held this Saturday May 30, 2009 off of Market and Morrison (near the Lords Gym); Please come out and support her family, they'd appreciate it.

*update; btw me and my girls had just left that area almost 5 to 10 minutes before the incident occurred. when i was driving off there were so many sirens going off, it was insane. one thing about San Diego is that it is small and if anything happens 9 times out of 10 i probably know them or know of them.

more on the story and how you can help; here

7 comments:

Zyaire said...

damn yo on yo bday
Just out of control
I hope God comes back soon

Monique Famous said...

Damn that is so sad, my condolences.

dauché said...

[z] very out of control, just horrible man. smh !

[lc] our world is out of control, everywhere, sad.

[n] thank you from her family and friends.

Unknown said...

Rest In Peace Ms Keisha,

You will be greatly missed...Another day another life tooken of a beautiful woman.. Rest in Peace Ms Keisha will all see you again... You and your family in my prayers always.... Love Always

dauché said...

[khandi] most definitely ma, most definitely ...

Unknown said...

Wheneva I see shit like this I wonder if peeps our age is gonna end the world. I got friends in SD that were there that night and they said it was like a war zone. Those clubs need to get busy joining the club watch community thing I seen in other clubs...check it clubwatch.com. The only thing I can say is that those clubs betta wake the fuck up and keep they customers safe. I know its not a replacemetn, but I hope her family gets some kind of money from the gov or that club because aint no pain like losing a little girl. Peace...Tanisha

Unknown said...

Tanisha dont have a blogger account so she used mine, but i gotz to say my peace too...RIP Lakiesha. the world was a better place with you in it but your memory will live on. play on playuz. -L

copy html code